There are a number of factors that can affect your connection to our server including client side AV/firewall software, third party add-ons, networking or routing problems and ISP port restrictions.
To help us troubleshoot your connection, we may ask you to do the following:
1. Temporarily disable AV/firewall software and third party mail client add-ons on your computer.
2. Telnet to the mail server. From a command prompt, run the following telnet command and send us the output:
telnet mail.greatmail.com 2500
3. Provide a network trace route from your location to our datacenter. From a command prompt, run the following trace route and send us the output:
4. Capture a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in your mail client application.
5. Clarify if the issues occur when sending, receiving or both.
6. Is the timeout or connection error occurring in your mail client only, or is it also occurring in webmail?